Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have 2 kenya trees, which are doing fine. The I have a leather coral and a part of it broke off in the current today, do they reproduce by fragmentation, or anything like that? Also my mushroom corals released a slime for a few minutes and they were some white things in the middle of them. Please what is happening?!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was only two mushrooms and they stopped like 5 minutes after I wrote this and the aquarium water is done. I heard that sometimes they do this when they try to reproduce. And my leathers apparently reproduce by fragmentation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
OK, I have 2 kenya trees, which are doing fine. The I have a leather coral and a part of it broke off in the current today, do they reproduce by fragmentation, or anything like that? Also my mushroom corals released a slime for a few minutes and they were some white things in the middle of them. Please what is happening?!
Kenya's and Leathers reproduce easily,cut a chunk off, you have a new coral.They are both common in that they release chemical warfare toxins into the water column, i would strongly suggest you use activated carbon on a regular basis to clean up after them, mushrooms are of the anemone family and will slime when upset, probably from the toxins, I think the white thing is the mouth and shouldnt be any problem, smallish water change,carbon, and carry on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts