Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2nd picture was just before we moved house 2wks ago x (it looks the same now)

Its currently home to ..
15 neons
15 black neons
5 pepper corys
1 gold ancistrus
3 adult platys- 3 young
2 female dwarf gourami
5 guppies
4 clown loach

Attachments

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
wow looks great =)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I only have 1 on my lappy at mo as i had a clean up of pics, But can get some tomorrow if the blighters keep still long enough. There is 1 big ish one who hides in the bamboo looking tube, then 3 others who are usually zooming about i've only got my phone to use at mo, As i've just moved house & cant find my digital camera so i'll see what i can do :)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 2 smallest are about 2-3" , Then theres 1 a little bigger at 3-4" & the biggest i have is about 5-6"... If my measuring is right .. im holding my thumb & finger apart to get rough idea haha
Got me wanting to take pics tomorrow anyway so i'll see if we can get clearer ones for size too :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi ,
Yes that's an elephant nose, I adore this fish but niavely bought one when i 1st found them & put him in my community tank where obviously it wasn't just right for him. He seemed fine, I fed at dark & he came out to eat & go round the tank & even came out during light up to the top & seemed ok but one morning i came down to find he was all bent to 1 side & when i used my fish net to lift him up he would straighten up but in the water he bent over :( I had just shy of 3 wks & up til that last day he " appeared " fine.

I was gutted to be honest, For the fact i was niave to think i could keep him & guilty for the fact i killed him with not having the right conditions. I still love this fish they are stunning & beautiful to watch .

Ive got some more pictures but taken on my phone til i find my camera so will update soon x

·
Registered
378 Posts
oh please do share the pictures. I was thinking about setting up a 30gal species tank with 3 elephant noses in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you're going to keep elephant noses you will need to put more in, Either 1 on its own or at least 5 if you have to have a group. Just from reading they prefer to be solitary being an electric fish but can do ok in larger groups.

My tank was 4ft which is ok for 1, but no more than that :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts