Tropical Fish Keeping banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
prolly not on the real plants...i dunno...i love fish..but i'm just taking it one thing at a time...i've only been keeping fish since august. i want to become an expert at one thing before i try another. hee hee :p

not sure how tall it is exactly, but its at LEAST 3 feet...possibly even four...i stood in a chair to aquascape it and i still couldnt reach the bottom of the tank. i used a spatula to move sand around the plants. lol

and yes, it was still quite cloudy in those pics...it's actually looking pretty clear now, another day or too and i should be able to post some better pics. thanks for your interest!

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i have one angel in there now...she's my trooper...wil def add some angel playmates for her...not sure about the discus yet..i would love to have some, but i'm not made of money, ya know?

bri

· Banned
786 Posts
girlofgod said:
mine's navy...but i have a pink cover ^^ so girly hee hee

bri
ROFLMAO but don't "sweat it".
I am very, very partial to burnt orange.

Bri:

I am really interested to "see how" this (very deep tank) works out for you over the next six months wrt several items:

Top and midwater schoolers;
Bottom dwellers (mostly plecs);
Fish which "play a bunch" such as cories, Siamese Algae Eaters and Yoyo loaches;
Lighting, should you decide to induce live plants;
and "lastly but for sure not leastly" bottom maintenance.

If I can gain enough experience with my home aquarium I want to set up an aquarium at my offices next year.
I want to set it up in my office in order that I can watch my fishies but my office is full of my desk, chairs, computer, audio equipment and TV, cradenza's and especially bookcases.
There is an area behind the chairs which face my desk where I believe I can place a 48"x24" (or maybe 30") aquarium and the increased depth (perhaps to 48") would add significant volume as well as increase the visual appeal of the tank.

I appreciate your generating this thread as it has sparked the above "thinking"!

TR

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
glad i could influence you! i haven't really given alot of thought toward stocking it as i have pretty much decided to go primarily with angelfish...i love them so and I want to give Sun (my angel) some playmates and maybe even try to breed in the future! other than that...i DO have my eye on a Black ghost knife or maybe a gold nugget pleco...and there are some platys and danios in the tank already....so at this point it's anybodys game...

i could really do anything with it...but there arent really alot of interesting fish to choose from at my lfs...so i am open to ideas...i DID finally see two rasboras last night , they were silver with black patches on their sides...kinda pretty...but again, i will need suggestions that will co-habitate peacefully with angels!

thanks alot! and i dont think that orange is girly! :wink:

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
oh, and i plan on adding a hydor Ario for a little color and aeration, and a powerhead as well was on my plan. thanks for asking!

bri

· Registered
13,247 Posts
girlofgod said:
thanks alot! and i dont think that orange is girly! :wink:
A chauvinist would say that.:bluelaugh:

I wouldn't get a BGK since you have danios and platies. Fancy plecs will do.:thumbsup:

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
i am not a chauvanist! i was just saying that for joutei's benefit, that orange isn't girly or manly..it's a nice in-between color....could go either way...

:BIGweepy:

· Registered
13,247 Posts
girlofgod said:
i am not a chauvanist! i was just saying that for joutei's benefit, that orange isn't girly or manly..it's a nice in-between color....could go either way...

:BIGweepy:
I'm not referring to you.:mrgreen: Just saying a chauvinist would.:mrgreen:
:BIGvault:

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.