Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
786 Posts
Re: new tank *in the works*

girlofgod said:
... any suggestions would be appreciated.
<3 bri
GOG

Looking good!

I like the "looks of" deep tanks but if you do not have any experience with one - Brace Yourself!!!

My tank is 30" deep and even with my long arms I cannot reach the bottom.

Have you started procuring the longest tongs, python tubes, tweezers, wall scrapers, etc. that you can find!

If not those are my suggestions.

TR

· Banned
786 Posts
girlofgod said:
*updated pics* enjoy!
here are a list of the *silk* plants that are in the tank now:
GOG:

I know silk plants are low maintenance.

For what this is worth may tank is planted

I very much enjoy the "looks" of live plants;
I believe that they are partially responsible for the typical low nitrate concentration in my tank and
By changing the "trimming pattern" of the plants the "looks" of the tank varies.

Several plant which grow to 3' could be placed in the tank as well as the typical 1' and 2' plants.

Do not know that a few floating plants would be appropriate for your tank geometry!

Yes: they are a slight "pain" to maintain in my tank but IMHO way more that worth the effort.

TR

· Banned
786 Posts
girlofgod said:
mine's navy...but i have a pink cover ^^ so girly hee hee

bri
ROFLMAO but don't "sweat it".
I am very, very partial to burnt orange.

Bri:

I am really interested to "see how" this (very deep tank) works out for you over the next six months wrt several items:

Top and midwater schoolers;
Bottom dwellers (mostly plecs);
Fish which "play a bunch" such as cories, Siamese Algae Eaters and Yoyo loaches;
Lighting, should you decide to induce live plants;
and "lastly but for sure not leastly" bottom maintenance.

If I can gain enough experience with my home aquarium I want to set up an aquarium at my offices next year.
I want to set it up in my office in order that I can watch my fishies but my office is full of my desk, chairs, computer, audio equipment and TV, cradenza's and especially bookcases.
There is an area behind the chairs which face my desk where I believe I can place a 48"x24" (or maybe 30") aquarium and the increased depth (perhaps to 48") would add significant volume as well as increase the visual appeal of the tank.

I appreciate your generating this thread as it has sparked the above "thinking"!

TR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.