Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some of the pics of the new tank i'm setting up. not much...its a work in progress.

thanks for looking. any suggestions would be appreciated.

<3 bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea..i know...im aware...ive already been digging around in it....lol oh well, but it IS a nice tank...and i plan on stocking it with angels..unless i can get a good deal on some discus...then i might go that route...thanks guys!

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea..i know...i am just using that filter for a couple of days til i get my rena canister hooked up. the intake hose on the rena will reach the bottom. thanks though!

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*updated pics* enjoy!

here are a list of the *silk* plants that are in the tank now:

1.caulerpa verticellata
2.echinodorus
3.lobelia cardinalis
4.houttuynia cordata
5.trapa-natans
6.mystery plastic plant *^_^*

caulerpa verticellata

echinodorus "Red Rubin" & mystery plant

lobelia cardinalis

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks...i had to get wet up to my armpits...it was like swimming inside! LOL i got a little taste of what it's like to be a fish! *glub glub glub*

<3 bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the suggestions! and yes...i love driftwood too...and large rocks..i just havent been able to find any...

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
prolly not on the real plants...i dunno...i love fish..but i'm just taking it one thing at a time...i've only been keeping fish since august. i want to become an expert at one thing before i try another. hee hee :p

not sure how tall it is exactly, but its at LEAST 3 feet...possibly even four...i stood in a chair to aquascape it and i still couldnt reach the bottom of the tank. i used a spatula to move sand around the plants. lol

and yes, it was still quite cloudy in those pics...it's actually looking pretty clear now, another day or too and i should be able to post some better pics. thanks for your interest!

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i have one angel in there now...she's my trooper...wil def add some angel playmates for her...not sure about the discus yet..i would love to have some, but i'm not made of money, ya know?

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
glad i could influence you! i haven't really given alot of thought toward stocking it as i have pretty much decided to go primarily with angelfish...i love them so and I want to give Sun (my angel) some playmates and maybe even try to breed in the future! other than that...i DO have my eye on a Black ghost knife or maybe a gold nugget pleco...and there are some platys and danios in the tank already....so at this point it's anybodys game...

i could really do anything with it...but there arent really alot of interesting fish to choose from at my lfs...so i am open to ideas...i DID finally see two rasboras last night , they were silver with black patches on their sides...kinda pretty...but again, i will need suggestions that will co-habitate peacefully with angels!

thanks alot! and i dont think that orange is girly! :wink:

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
oh, and i plan on adding a hydor Ario for a little color and aeration, and a powerhead as well was on my plan. thanks for asking!

bri

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
i am not a chauvanist! i was just saying that for joutei's benefit, that orange isn't girly or manly..it's a nice in-between color....could go either way...

:BIGweepy:

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
so..updating my thread...got some newer fish to share and i wanted to update...so enjoy!

the flash made her eye look funny =P

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.