Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
The blue background really brings the color out in the fish. Good for saying your a noob! Great job and :nicefish:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Your tank looks nice, John.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
nice tank, just wacth the sailfin and the yellow tang. As they might tend to get aggresive towards each other.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. The Naso tang brings quite lots of waste everyday :lol: ... Since my tank is small, I am afraid of getting the water dirty so quick. Besides the sump, any other suggestion please?
Thanks.
le9569

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Sorry, can't give you any suggestions, but lovely pictures le9569

Katherine :)

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Don't worry about getting the tank dirty quick. Worry about if those tangs will actually get along in such a small tank.

·
Registered
19 Posts
usmc121581 said:
Don't worry about getting the tank dirty quick. Worry about if those tangs will actually get along in such a small tank.
It is not a small tank. 46 gal is big! you mean small for the fish? i supposed... :)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Swing said:
It is not a small tank. 46 gal is big! you mean small for the fish? i supposed... :)
Swing, tangs can get aggressive if cramped for space. As some tangs reach 25-35 cm, 46 gallons may not be enough to accommodate even 2 large tangs.:) 90 gallons will often be the option for 2-3 large tangs. Some may coexist but others will not.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Do the tangs really get that big ? We have a yellow tang at the office I work at, in a 180 gallon aquarium. His name is Barney, and I swear that thing has character! He's not big, though. He lives with Ethel, which is a trigger fish that resembles "Dory" from Finding Nemo.

Saltwater fish are so gorgeous and colourful; it's too bad it is so complicated to look after them. I would love to buy the senior lawyer at our office, a new fish for Christmas. But I'm not sure what I could get that is compatible with Barney and Ethel, and the corals that are in the tank. Anyone know if a butterfly angel is coral safe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts