Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this tank has 5 albino barbs, a purple spotted gudgeon, a convict, 2 chinese algea eaters, a pleco and a dragonfish. everyone gets along well enough with the convict being the most pushy but the others are either big enough or plenty enough to keep her in line. not that there's ever any real problems, just a dart or attempted nip here or there. but overall a very peaceful tank for all.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nice setup.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you, this tank is our biggest. We don't have the cash for aquariums we'ld like (isn't that the case usually?) so we took our time to set this one up nicley. The bubbles are new but that tanks been up and running for about 9 months. It gives us a nice peaceful thing to watch at bedtime.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
That's a really lovely looking tank you've got there squiggles :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
A Dragon fish? Would love to see a pic of it, there are many different kinds. If it is the violet goby then that can reach up to 24 inches, and may start ambushing your other fish, if not fed properly. And I believe dragon fish live in Brackish water, but assume can adjust to fresh/marine. Do you have a common pleco? Those can also reach over a foot long and both will need a much bigger tank in the future.

But nice tank otherwise!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes the dragonfish is a violet goby. he hides under the drift wood all day but at night time is quite active. i had heard that they reach that size but hopefully we'll have a bigger tank by then since he seems yo be a fairly slow grower. I'm sure he gets enough to eat though. I put in tubiflex worms at night and his belly is always fat. I think that he is one of the coolest looking fw fish I've ever seen. He looks like he should be swimming down with the titanic or something. We do have a common pleco and he grows fast! We all ready had one we had to give to a friend with a 55g.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a dragon fish (or voilet goby) is a thick eely like fish. can get about 2 feet long in some cases. they are nicturnal so not exactly an always visible fish. sometimes i don't see mine for days because i'm sleeping when he's out. they have very tiny eyes and a mouth full of teeth. not aggresive but if something tries to bite him he'll bite back. i don't have any pics of mine but here's a couple i've found on the net.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice setup, can't wait to see some more photos! I like your gravel. What is the tank sitting on?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you. my tank is sitting on a big wood coffee table like thing, kinda mahogany color. solid wood though so we're confident it'll hold.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice 30g squiggles it looks good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts