Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just registered last night and added my first posts today so why not add some (bad) pics. Okay here is my 10g:

And my Betta:

10g: Planted Community
Fauna: 5 Neon Tetras, Male Red Wag Platy, Male Sunburst Wag Platy, Male Betta, and an Oto
Flora: Sunset Hygro, Brazilian Pennywort, Moneywort, Green Cambomba, Rotala Rotundifolia, Ceylon Hygro, Primrose, Narrow Leaf Swords, Crypt Wendtii, Java Moss, Crypt Balansae, Pellia, Petite Nana.
Substrate: Fluorite
CO2: DIY, 1/2 tsp Yeast, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, and 2 cups Sugar
Ferts: Greg Watsons Phosphate/Sulfate/nitrate dry ferts and Plant Grow Trace Elements
Lighting: 15 watt standard fluorescent strip light
filtration: TopFin 10 HOB Power Filter
Heating: Neptune 50 watt heater
Parameters: API Master Freshwater Test Kit

Sorry about the bad pics, I have a very cheap camera and I am saving up for a better one!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have more pics to post. Here is another full tank shot:

And here is my Betta Blaze:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Okay, the pics are a little blurry James - but your tank looks lovely :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kateyoup said:
Okay, the pics are a little blurry James - but your tank looks lovely :)
The pics are really blurry. Now I need to really start a savings account! But thanks. Havent had time to actually scape my tank due to many many plants and the main problms are my 3 swords.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Lovely tank.:love: Your betta surely graces the tank.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I added some microsword to my tank to see how it does. So far I have been successful with many Moderate-bright light plants.

·
Banned
61 Posts
I added a live plant to my tank once. It turned my water a funny color, a few of my fish died and it was a pain to clean the tank.

A week later, I was back on fake plants.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GobbleDog said:
I added a live plant to my tank once. It turned my water a funny color, a few of my fish died and it was a pain to clean the tank.

A week later, I was back on fake plants.
I only had that happen with Non Aquatic species. My fish are 10x more healthier than what they were before!

·
Registered
40 Posts
that betta really does look awesome, can't wait till you can put up some better pics! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts