Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Setup the Tank Last Night Before I went to Bed.
It has Dead Bamboo and a Dead Tree Branch in it.

Before: (Imagine it without the Breeder Net.)

After:
(The top of the tank is all Foggy....I dunno Why.)
(Also the water level is Low Because I havent top it off in a While.)
(water evaporates like crazy in Florida.)

I put the Hornwort Behind the Bamboo:

What I Used to Do this:

Also the Legos are Coming out when I Get some More
Bamboo so the Newt can get out on to That.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How does the tree branch work in the aquarium? Will it not rot? I thought about using it but figured that it would rot. I thought that it would mess with the chemistry of the water. Did you have to do anything special to prepare it? I have some perfect tree branches in my backyard that would look great in my 75 gallon tank. I am trying to make it look natural and not have a bunch of commercial decorations.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
nice, make sure the three branch doesnt contain any pesticides or chemicals similar to that, may i just ask once what type of top of water do you use?

Nice how you arranged the branches to look like roots from a tree. How did you get bamboo? The bamboo tree is native to asia, im sure it doesnt grow in florida lol, i would love some bamboo in my tank, just wondering where you bought it

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Bamboo is all over the place in Virginia. It would love the climate in Florida. Surprised the state isn't carpeted in it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
musho3210 said:
The bamboo tree is native to asia, im sure it doesnt grow in florida lol, i would love some bamboo in my tank, just wondering where you bought it
I didnt buy it...I Picked it up From a Friends home......
And it was in a never before (pesticied) sprayed field.

Also, Bamboo is Every Where in Florida.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i live in miami and bamboo is all over peoples yards... ima try and get sum for my 20 G aquarium

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey is that a store bought "coconut hut"? I like them and im going to get one for my firebellies but i wasnt sure if it could be in water or not?? It doesnt make the water brown or anything?
very interesting tank, all very natural and not so petco looking!! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts