Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
Seems OK, though I would put the kuhlii in the 37g and not in with the other loach. No particular reason other than... seems better given sizes. Kuhli loach are best with sand, the other loach is OK with sand or fine gravel.

Definitely increase the loaches to five minimum, both species. Remember, the Ladder Loach, which is Botia rostrata (check the profile), gets 8 inches in length.

Byron.

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
Yes on the otos, I've found five works.

Be careful on the loaches, as the two you have are obviously mature. Make sure there are lots of hiding spots, and the best method for this with the smaller (as the new additions will be) is chunks of wood like Malaysian Driftwood. Lots of it. You can find pieces that have tunnels, and this is what you need. I have three loach species in two tanks, and each loach likes to select its home, and if there are insufficient they will fight. But in this case, you have two that are in "their" space, and additions may or may not be appreciated.

Byron.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.