Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had this happen in the past, but I'm worried right now because I just bought new fish yesterday and already lost one.

One of my new Mollys (Creamsicle type), has been swimming erratically and whenever it (The anal fish is so confusing the shop keeper couldn't figure it out either) touches a plant leaf (all live plants), it freaks out as though it just got burned, or something to the same reaction.

I've had other fish in the past do that and always been curious, but this is a new fish, and I really don't want to lose another one in less than a day.

My water is: Nirates: 10ppm Nitrites: 0ppm Ammonia: 0-.25ppm

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The ammonia is very high, ideally you want 0.0ppm. Large scale water changes to reduce, and potentially look into adding neutralisers for ammonia...
How long has the tank been set up? How long has fish been in it? Is it cycled?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only stated 0-.25 ammonia, because on my sheet the colour didn't match 0ppm but didn't match .25ppm. I did a test right now and it is 0ppm. It was cycled until I added my new fish, I just got 10 new fish so the water fluxed. I did a change in the morning after I sent the email, knowing that adding new fish I would need to account for the flux to the water. I have a 37.5 gallon tank that has been set up for a year, that is cycled (when new fish have not been added), and I have 19 fish (6 are otos)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts