Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just started caring for fish. I have a 20gal tank for 3 mollies (There were supposed to be 2 females and a male but the petstore thought one of the boys was a girl so now I have 2 males). The've been living good for a few weeks but my males caught ick, they're now treated and well. But my black female started turning white. Her tummy, fins, and scales on her sides are turning white! Not sure what this is. Please help! I toke her out of the tank and she's sitting in a jug. She's also been hiding in the cave a lot but has come out to eat every feeding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tips of her tail has is also starting to turn white. But she's had yellow in her tail since I bought her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I've dealt with this a problem similar to this. Try checking your water parameters, Also, if one of your fish has ick, you might want to treat the whole tank. Slowly raise the tank temp from 78 to 84 ( 2-3 degrees per day). This speeds up the life cycle of ick. Remove the carbon filter and treat the tank with something like Tetra Parasite Guard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts