Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so long story short my boyfriend's sister's friend had a male Molly who bred with two females and needed to rehouse them so i decided to take papa fish and 5 of his kids and rn i'm currently setting up my 10 gallon as a temporary home for the babies so they ain't sitting in my old 1.5 ish gallon hermit crab carrying box with no heater or filter until they grow.the babies look about 2 weeks old but how long should i wait until i put them in with the others in the 50 gallon tank.i am more so worried the silver dollars will try to eat them or the strong filter will suck em up

also on a side note maybe for breeders how do i tell the sex on these fish so i can possibly rehouse the females so papa fishie doesn't try to breed again

yes the tank needs a water change that was next on my to do list

· Registered
225 Posts
Hi! you can put them in once theycan't fit into a silver dollars mouh so I have too reccomend almost full grown. as for determaining there gender there are many videos online that can help you although its quite hard to do it with mollies/platies.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! you can put them in once theycan't fit into a silver dollars mouh so I have too reccomend almost full grown. as for determaining there gender there are many videos online that can help you although its quite hard to do it with mollies/platies.
thanks it's my first time raising babies and wanted to make sure to not plop them in too early

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.