Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Midas or Red Devil?

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  herna236 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I've seen this topic many many times before and would have agreed with SinisterKisses' post about two-three years ago but since then many people have been breeding from rapps like stock including me.

Your fish MAY not be pure but it shows all the signs of being a devil and has no midas traits. Nice fish.

#11 ·
Given proper tank size, good water condition and feeding, midas/rd's grow quite quickly until they hit about the size that yours currently is, then they slow down a fair amount. What size is the tank yours is in?

As for the nuchal hump, no one will really be able to answer that for you. Hump development depends on a handful or two of factors, everything from feeding and water conditions to dominance and tankmates - but mostly, it depends on the individual fish. Not every fish will develop a large nuchal hump, many (males and females) have not much of one at all. You really just have to let your fish develop and wait to see. Generally speaking, again depending on the fish, you can start to notice hump development anywhere from the 3" to 7" range.

#13 ·
herna236 said:
tanks a 55... another quick question anyone know what my ph should be? and water temp? thanks a lot for your patients i know im a noob
I don't think you need to bother with your pH if your fish is happy with it. 7 is neutral. As for water temperature, I'd recommend staying at 25-27 degrees Celsius.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.