Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My friend was really into Mickey when she was a young child, and now that she has a son, he is also really into mickey mouse (she just decked the bathroom up with mickey boarder and decor just for him, as well as his room)

So I discovered the Mickey Mouse Platy and I want to get her some for his birthday. Of course, he's only 2 atm, so it would be mom doing the water changes, no need to worry about him killing off the fish as he would only help (my 3 year old loves helping wit our bettas, we have 4, 5g tanks with males and a 10g sorority)

But in order to make sure they have the correct set up, I'm going to get the entire set up as a gift.

They live in a trailor, and don't have much space, so I can't get larger than a 5g tank. But I'll get the whole set up of decorations, filter, heater, food, etc, and I am going to cycle it for them to get it started.

I know platys would be better in a larger tank, but she would kill me if I got more than a 5g. It will only be mickey mouse platys, maybe a couple of ghost shrimp (big maybe).

How many platys can go in a 5g? 2 or 3?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, well, she would, as I've talked to her. He would love it (he saw my daughter's betta yesterday and adored him) but he is still a little rough.

We've decided to hold off for a little while first n.n

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.