Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this 135 gallon with stand, filters, glass top, light, heaters etc for $325. Spent all day Monday moving tanks and fish so I could set this thing up. It was going in the spot in the living room where my 55 gallon was so I had to break that one down and also the 55 in my bedroom since the living room 55 setup was replacing my 55 setup in the bedroom. Then moved this one into the living room spot. Was up late cleaning sand and filling the tank. Got the fish moved in after midnight. Unfortunately had two casualties but everyone else is doing fine. Bittersweet to see the 55 go, it was my favorite tank to watch. But I'm so excited to see them all in this bigger tank. They love it. Occupants are a mated pair of angels, a Ctenopoma Acutirostre, 3 Dennison Barbs (was 4, lost one), 4 Bala Sharks, a male Bristlenose , a female Red Severum, 3 So. American Bumblebee Catfish and a lone Buenos Aires Tetra. Soon to join them will be another Red Sev and 4 Bolivian Rams. Plan is to add more Dennisons also. Sorry for the crappy pics. Discovered the light fixture was burned out so I need a new light.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thought I'd post some updated pics. Everyone is doing great in the tank. Finally got a light over it. I added the young male Red Severum from my QT and also 3 Brilliant Rasboras I got at my fish club auction. In my QT waiting to go in are 4 young angels, 4 Bolivian Rams and a couple more Dennison Barbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is Awesome. Bet you could watch that new tank all day long.
Just curious though. What are you filtering with for the 135?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is Awesome. Bet you could watch that new tank all day long.
Just curious though. What are you filtering with for the 135?
Yes, moodman, you're right. I love watching this tank. The balas and dennisons are constantly cruising. Can't wait to add the Bolivian rams as they'll add some interesting action. They've already spawned in my qt and they've only been in there a couple of weeks. I really like the Brilliant Rasboras too. I'll have to add a couple more but for now the cruise around with the dennisons. Lol

Filtration is a Fluval 406 cannister, Penguin 350 and an Aqueon 75.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
The Balas alone will Thank you!! I kept 3 in a 5' 90 gallon and they were not ok in there.
Subscribing so I can see more updates!!
This tank is gorgeous!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts