Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I woke up and could only see one of my marble angelfish. After a bit of looking, I found the silver tucked between the Java ferns in hiding. Fearing it was sick, I proceeded to feed the fish and begging monitoring. After a couple of minutes, this silver slowly came out to eat and I got a good look at significant damage to its body. Moments later the marvel attacked. It sort of drifted to its side, flared its central find and pecked its mate back into hiding. Is I've been writing this the silver has poked its head out to mixed reactions from its mate.

They've spawned at least once before. I've been away at college so I don't know if this fighting is usual occupancy for them. I read that after a few failed spawns or just a few in general, Angels will separate to find new mates and then rejoin when there are no other available mates. I've also read that once one of the mated pair starts hiding, it's usually to late to salvage the couple.

I really like these two and would not want to have to sell one. Is it possible that they could reconnect or should I look into a divider, if that's even an option?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts