Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

About a month ago I had two honey gouramis shipped to me - I requested two females, but I can't tell whether they are or not.

I've attached a photo of one of the fish, the other won't hold still long enough for me to take a picture. The one pictured is bigger than the other one, with more red/orange in its fins.

Also, is this even a honey? The pictures I looked at online before buying them were of brown/grey fish, with a yellow tinge - the guys I have are much brighter.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hard to sex by the photo. Looks like a very stressed or low quality female Honey Gourami. If you are interested in them try consolidated fish farm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, and sorry for the low quality picture - they move pretty quickly.

I hope she's just low quality, and not stressed. She's been in the tank for about a month now, so I hope she's settled in. Ammonia and nitrites are 0, nitrates are between 5-10, and water temperature is 21-22C. There's quite a lot of surface agitation, though, which I have heard honey gouramis don't like so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts