Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I need advice on a "centrepiece fish" for my 26 gallon tank. It is a long tank more than a tall one (only 16" tall and 31" long) and I already have 9 pepper corycats and plan on adding a school of tetras,probably neons, and two male endlers that I also already have. I fell in love with electric blue or German blue rams but their temperature requirements are too high for the little Cory's so off to find another option. I like honey and dwarf gourami's but I am open to other colourful options. I have a pH of about 7.0 and the tank is heavily planted with a sand substrate.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello! I need advice on a "centrepiece fish" for my 26 gallon tank. It is a long tank more than a tall one (only 16" tall and 31" long) and I already have 9 pepper corycats and plan on adding a school of tetras,probably neons, and two male endlers that I also already have. I fell in love with electric blue or German blue rams but their temperature requirements are too high for the little Cory's so off to find another option. I like honey and dwarf gourami's but I am open to other colourful options. I have a pH of about 7.0 and the tank is heavily planted with a sand substrate.
What about an Angel or two?

·
Registered
64 Posts
what filter do you have?need to make sure it can handle the load of all fish stocked in tank :) but i personally like mollies.i have several.just becareful.they breed like rabbits.i also have neon tetras in mine and i love how they glimmer at the right angle :)

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Instead of Rams, have you looked at the other dwarf cichlid species like the Apistogramma? Lots and lots of fish in that species, A. Agassizii is a nice one as well as A. Cacatuoides (Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts