Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres what I got, actual photos of plants:

$25 Huge Mat of Riccia 9x8+ (High possibility it has Cherry Shrimp and Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish eggs) 1 available

Shot at 2012-05-29

$10 Riccia 4x4+ (High possibility it has Cherry Shrimp and Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish eggs) 3 available

Shot at 2012-05-29

$18 Riccia 6x6+ and $10 Riccia 4x4

Shot at 2012-05-29

$50 Half of my Stourygne Sp. Purple Lots of stems! (Full plant roots and all. Will sell by stem if interested. Tank size is a 40b for comparison)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$25 Persicaria Kawagoeana Lots of stems! (Full plant roots and all. Will sell by stem if interested.Tank size is a 40b for comparison)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$15 L. Aromatica (Grown with No CO2 and tap water so has grown slow and proven to work in low tech setups. Full Plant roots and all)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$15 Pogostemon Erectus (Full plant roots and all. Has at least 4 stems) 3 available

Shot at 2012-05-29

$5 Hydrocotyle Verticillata or Umbellata not sure...Its kind of a slow grower, if you know I would love to be educated :)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$5 Hygrophilia Pinnatida (Full plant with runners)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$10 Persicaria Kawagoeana (Full Plant)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$15 L. Aromatica (Full Plant)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$5 Hydrocotyle Verticillata or Umbellata not sure...Its kind of a slow grower, if you know I would love to be educated :)

Shot at 2012-05-29

Shot at 2012-05-29

Shot at 2012-05-29

$10 Hygrophilia Pinnatida (Full plant with runners. Has 2 bigger plants)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$5 Hygrophilia Pinnatida (Full plant with runners)

Shot at 2012-05-29

$5 L. Aromatica (Full Plant)

Shot at 2012-05-29

I also have lots of Very Healthy, Hardy, and Red Cherries $1 a piece

(Actual Stock Photo)

Shot at 2012-03-09

Hope these go fast! I have a shipment of more rare plants coming in from Poland soon. Hence, why the great prices for such quality ;)

All packages come with a random extra as well :) Shipping on smaller items is $7 and larger items are $10 USPS Priority. Add $1 for tracking. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to ask and I will contact you as soon as I can.

Thanks all for looking,

Lucas

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) I always have a ton of plants so feel free to hit me up anytime. I have 12 tanks that are fully planted right now. Trying to switch over to more rare slow growers, cause these stem plants are hard to keep up with in so many tanks.

Awesome looking fish in your Avatar is that a Gourami, licorice?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Thanks :) I always have a ton of plants so feel free to hit me up anytime. I have 12 tanks that are fully planted right now. Trying to switch over to more rare slow growers, cause these stem plants are hard to keep up with in so many tanks.

Awesome looking fish in your Avatar is that a Gourami, licorice?

You have amazing plants! Since I'm planning on going brackish with one of my tanks, I'm not looking for plants right now. I wouldn't mind some RCS to add to my existing group. So, what would you charge me for some of them? Also, what is that floating plant in your 3rd picture? I have tons of it, and have thought it's 'frogbit' but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks

Gwen

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Thanks! The shrimp are a dollar a piece unless you want a decent quantity like 30+. The other floating plant is Dwarf Water Lettuce, I thought is was Frogbit at first too.
Would you be willing to sale some of that Dwarf water lettuce???????

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Thanks! The shrimp are a dollar a piece unless you want a decent quantity like 30+. The other floating plant is Dwarf Water Lettuce, I thought is was Frogbit at first too.

Your prices are good. I've got a friend who is driving to Dallas in 2 weeks, to buy fish that are much cheaper than here. He's telling me he can get very bright red cherry shrimp for $2 each, so I'll try that first. If they don't have them, I'll likely contact you. I really don't need many, just want to introduce more breeding stock to what I have.

Gwen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello!
Looks like you have a lot of nice plants for sale! I'm new to freshwater tank planting but i have a 10 gal with lots of natural and artificial lighting. I'm looking for plants to grow tall along the back of my tank and maybe something short for the front. I have a few plants already. i'm also not looking to spend a lot but i want healthy happy fish :) What do you recommend? i live in new jersey so how much for shipping?
Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm, to better answer your question. I will need to know what kind of substrate you use and type of water, tap is the best IMHO. Also, is there anything you have in mind that you like, theres so many variables and I have a lot of the :p I will PM you as well for better connection. Shipping for Priority is $7.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Knuggs Came through again for me.
Sent me a nice batch of plants I received today in great condition for a great price.

Thanks again Lucas for the plants and all the advice, I appreciate it man!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm looking at planting a low tech 48Lx18wx14tall with either 1 10000k t5 or 2 6500k t5 bulbs, mind giving me some advice on which bulb to choose and what plants will thrive? I want plants that will take over the tank with minimal intervention and cover the gravel up - also interested in shrimp if you can set me up with the plants i really like the look of the riccia if it can be attached to driftwood and the dwarf lettuce

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Knuggs Came through again for me.
Sent me a nice batch of plants I received today in great condition for a great price.

Thanks again Lucas for the plants and all the advice, I appreciate it man!
Your welcome Eddie, glad I could help! Thanks for the business and giving these plants a home :)

I'm looking at planting a low tech 48Lx18wx14tall with either 1 10000k t5 or 2 6500k t5 bulbs, mind giving me some advice on which bulb to choose and what plants will thrive? I want plants that will take over the tank with minimal intervention and cover the gravel up - also interested in shrimp if you can set me up with the plants i really like the look of the riccia if it can be attached to driftwood and the dwarf lettuce
I would recommend 6500k bulbs. Thats the spectrum I run all my tanks off and have tried all the others but seem to work best when balancing the tank and keeping algae down.

As far as plants thriving depends on your water. My water is moderately hard out of the tap and I can grow most plants. But there are a few plants that do prefer soft water and are hard to transition over to tap but I wouldnt worry so much about those because that list is alot shorter than what you can grow with tap. Substrate is important as well, you can grow plants with most any substrate if your using tap that isnt soft because of all the nutrient in the water column so you dont have to worry about the nutrients in the substrate so much. If you do want to do it right and grow lush plants for a long time I recommend Eco-complete. I have tried ADA and others but dont hold up over time, especially if you like to rearrange because it usually turns to mud. Eco just gets better in time because it will capture nutrients from your water column and fish waste.

Most all plants will take over a take especially without intervention. Keeping riccia submersed tied to DW would prolly require co2 if you want it to grow out. I would recommend a moss instead, I use peacock because it grows tighter and doest get all stringy like java. You could also use fissiden but grows really slow and is kinda of pricey. As far as a foreground plant theres a lot of options like E.Belem, Mosses, Subwassertang, Hygro Pinnatida, Glosso, and many others. Alot of its is what you like and want to see in your tank. But if you like I could throw together a sample pack or something for you. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just got everything in and it looks great, Would never know the plants just spent 2 days in a box very green and hardly a dead leaf to be found... I'm just sad you forgot the dwarf water lettuce I was kinda excited about them xD but oh well very pleased with how full my 60 gallon looks and every shrimp was alive on arrival with a couple more then I asked for.

PS Looking over all your pics everything looks planted but the riccia, did you send me anything that should float that i shouldn't have planted?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The planks i earlier this week are amazing! They look awesome in my tank and doing great! Plants arrived in great condition! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts