Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I'm sorry. . . it's always hard to lose a fish, but SO difficult when you have to help them along. . . *cries*

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why would you euthanize a fish? Don't put it out of its misery, let it live its last few hours or days. It makes me sad even thinking about euthanizing one of my fish. Sorry about your though...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why would you euthanize a fish? Don't put it out of its misery, let it live its last few hours or days. It makes me sad even thinking about euthanizing one of my fish. Sorry about your though...
For the same reason(s) you euthanize any animal - to prevent unneccessary suffering. If a fish is on it's way out and is struggling it is very stressful for them. The better question is why woudn't you "put them out of their misery".

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would you euthanize a friend of yours if he/she was close to dying?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you euthanize a friend of yours if he/she was close to dying?
I didn't mean for this to become a debate, my fish was struggling to swim and was getting pushed around by the current in the tank, in my opinion it was far to let it live like that and on a side note it was sick so if i would of left it in the tank the other fish could of gotten sick as well, I am happy to report that it was just isolated to that one fish so my other babies are ok

1 - 7 of 7 Posts