Looking for new fish

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  mvirata 
#1 ·
30 Gallon FW with no live plants.

1 Male Dwarf Gouarmi
2 Mollies
10 Tetras
6 Corydoras

I'd like to get at least one more "centerpiece" fish to fill in the tank a bit. Any suggestions for a fish (or group of fish, 2-3) that would go well with my current setup?

I'm looking for a colorful and somewhat larger fish (around the size of the Gourmi) or larger. Thanks!

#10 ·
I am not a big fan of tetras but you can get some of the smaller rainbows. Threadfin Rainbows grow less than 2 inches and Celebes Rainbows go about 3. They are a schooling fish also but again if it were me I would replace all the tetras with these rainbows. A bunch in tank would look great!

I try to get my fish grouped together, if possible. IE if you get tetras get all the same tetra or if you get corys get all the same cory.

This is my opinion, good luck!

#12 ·
musho3210 said:
i am going by the 1 inch per gallon rule, im sure they are some exeptions but remember, cories get to around 3 inches, thats 18 inches already
Yah but you can get away with that if you are more of a seasoned fish keeper and know how to pick top level, middle level, and bottom level swimmers. I am not one of those so I stick to the 1 inch per gallon rule as a guideline.

Also you need to mention that it is 1 inch per gallon of ADULT sized fish.

Also keep in mind understocked means cleaner tank, so you have less chance for fish dying so I try to keep it down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.