Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3.5 Gallon Betta Tank
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I am looking for a 5gal lid that will fit my new tank I am hoping to swap over to. It is a basic 5gal tank rectangle shaped. My issue is my light and filter hang off the lip of the tank so the lid will require these two items slots. One on the back and a slot on the left. The heater also runs through this side. Here is a photo of the current setup which i'd like to mimic over to the new 5gal tank, for the idea I am talking about. Thank You!
Automotive lighting Hood Mesh Plant Grille

·
Registered
3.5 Gallon Betta Tank
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. That is exactly what I had to do with my current setup. Just wanted to see if there were other options people had for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Polycarbonate roofing sheets are great for making lids out of. I get a 4 feet x 2 feet sheet of the 4mm stuff from my local DIY store for about £11. It's strong, as its double walled, but also easy to cut with a craft knife so cutting slots for lights etc is very easy. The lid can be cut in 2 and a hinge added to make feeding easier too. Some of mine just have pieces of gorilla tape for hinges. Not pretty but it works, although nicer hinges can be bought and glued on, if necessary. Anyway, there's another idea for ya.

Best of luck with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts