Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this works, Tolak suggested it :) But im looking for some mature filter media from a healthy tank to help cycle 30 gallon

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I've tried mailing media to someone before and they said that it didn't work. Of course, it was out of my control the moment I sent it out, so I don't trust the results ;-)

where do you live?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried mailing media to someone before and they said that it didn't work. Of course, it was out of my control the moment I sent it out, so I don't trust the results ;-)

where do you live?
Georgia

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I've added a 1/2 tsp each of table sugar and soil from my yard to cycle a hob filter for a fishless cycle. (Add an air stone for a couple weeks if its fish-in cycling)

Have ypriority asking a fish store for some gravel?

If you want, i can send you a bit of mulm and a little media from my tanks, since its full of bacteria. I'm in Alabama. Not worth the trouble of PayPal, it'd be $6.50 shipped priority, via check, M.O., or cash.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've added a 1/2 tsp each of table sugar and soil from my yard to cycle a hob filter for a fishless cycle. (Add an air stone for a couple weeks if its fish-in cycling)

Have ypriority asking a fish store for some gravel?

If you want, i can send you a bit of mulm and a little media from my tanks, since its full of bacteria. I'm in Alabama. Not worth the trouble of PayPal, it'd be $6.50 shipped priority, via check, M.O., or cash.
whats m.o?
OH moneyorder he he
Whats mulm?

·
Registered
15 Posts
To me anything but true filter media doesn't do much to help a cycle. I can easily send some good healthy cycled media in a breather bag for shipping which would be about $6. I live in SE TN so it wouldn't be a long distance for it to travel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts