Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for bothering everyone with something perhaps trivial, but I was wondering what exactly the policy is for linking to other forums. I'm doing the research for a new project (emersed/terrarium plants) and would like to show the tank that inspired me and I hope to emulate some day. A build thread for that tank can be found at both the Planted Tank (which I assume isn't allowed) and Dendroboard. I was wondering if linking to the Dendroboard one is allowed since it is a dart frog forum and also run by Yungster. TPT has more on the emersed plants, but I can live without showing that. Is posting the Dendroboard link ok? What are the rules exactly?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
STOP BOTHERING US, CORY! Sheeeeeesh. ;)

I feel like it should be fine, because it isn't a fish forum and so won't send our members away from us (bonus points for being owned by VerticalScope, righton!), but I'm not 100% clear on what exactly the rules are either - so hang on for one of our more experienced mods who can let us both know, it may be that ANY forum links are a no-no - even if they're to forums about. . . knitting or something, lol! Kudos for asking before you start the thread, tho *thumbs up* Just didn't want to leave you hanging in limbo waiting for a reply and feeling ignored!

I know EXACTLY which tank you're talking about - it's gorgeous, and I'm TOO excited for your new project! SUPER happy that you're going to post it here on TFK, too. *HUGS* You know JUST how happy it makes me to see you active here again! I missed seeing that lil' green light by your name ^.^ You're going to inspire so many people with this thread. You ALWAYS do. Can't wait to follow along - I have a feeling that this is going to be a really fun journey for you!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I think the frog forum is fine. I remember our old admin had no problem with a member posting a hermit crab forum link. So that's what I'm going off of.
We need to redefine this rule some..
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured the Dendroboard would have a good chance of being ok, but just wanted to find out the full rule. I often post links to Seriously Fish, Loaches Online, and Planet Catfish. Those sites have great profiles, but also have their own forums so I don't know if I'm breaking a rule doing that. I often want to post links to Plant Finder, but don't because that's attached to Aquatic Plant Central.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts