Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
1,591 Posts
actanic lighting is blue light(420-460nano-meter)
Trreherd actinics go all the way to 470nm. Coralife has a new actinic bulb that is royal blue and burns at 470nm. :D wa

For what type of lighting you need actinics for the corals to feed on. But it depends on what type of corals yu are going for. You can always get MH lighting and do softies.

· Banned
1,591 Posts
trreherd said:
Musho if incandesent and vho are both worthless(from what i hear) than why bother mentioning them?
''Trreherd actinics go all the way to 470nm''
Ok im just triing to get him a basic understanding of lighting, so can we not try and confuse him(by geting all technical) and instead help with his questions?
Why not give the right info, I was just tring to inform you of that. Thats not technical. Why metion them because they are still considered lighting.

· Banned
1,591 Posts
trreherd said:
musho vho should not have been mentioned because its going out of style, the tubes are too expensive reletive to t-5 type lighting. You should have re-read his original question before mentioning incandesent OR this super actanic bulb usmc mentioned. Theres no need to try and confuse him.

Actually if your read up on things its no super actinic bulb. Its what the actinics burn at. Its no more money then what a 420nm actinic cost just looks better. I just metioned that coralife come out with a new royal blue actinic bulb. that happens to be a 470nm. It doesnt matter what color actinic he goes for. just more options. I would also like to give him all info and let him decide what looks he wants.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.