Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new to fish keeping and have only had my tanks for about 7 months now. Currently I only have 6 neon tetras and a male guppy, i'm planning on getting more fish in the future. I used to have more tetras, guppies and a platy but the fishstore we bought them from also sold us a Chinese Algae eater saying it wouldn't bother other fish however he killed some tetras and platy. The 2 female guppies we had had camallanus worms and died before I picked up on the issue. Yesterday I have moved everything out of my tank to do a major rescape and noticed that one of my tetras was lethargic and not swimming with the rest of the school he was also lacking colour. This morning I still found him in the same way but with 2 lumps on his right side his lips also seem to be deteriorated but I am unsure if they are or not, I was unable to get a good image of them.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you

-Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that all of the tetras seem to have some sort of fin nipping which i'm not sure if its just bites from fighting or fin rot. Also i'm unsure how to upload images on here as i'm a new user to this site.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Wish it were on better terms.

It might sound harsh, but I would cull the sick fish. I’d rather kill one than risk losing them all, but that’s me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts