Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Large freshwater tank help!

735 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  the gourami guy 
#1 ·
So, as some of you might know I am going to set up a huge tank in a month or two. I was originally aiming for 150 gal but I then realized that is preposterously big. However, I have the perfect amount of space for a 90 gallon which I feel more comfortable about Aquascaping. I have made large fish tanks before and helped other people with there large 100 gallon tanks but I have never actually set up a home aquarium that big. I am a fish breeder so I have done several large breeding tanks like that but usually they were just bare bottom. I am actually considering doing something a little risky. I have seen a few videos of a Pea Puffer and a Betta fish together. I was wondering that maybe in a large tank they could be together? Some of the videos were only them together in a 20 gal or a 30 gal.

#2 ·
Personally I wouldn't risk it no matter what size tank. They will eventually come across one another and you would find a finless Betta. There's always an exception to the rule but for me, I wouldn't try it.
They're quite happy in solitary but they usually hate company. They're aggressive little sods and very territorial too so I'd keep one alone if I had to have one. Fast swimming fish may be OK with PP's but again, I wouldn't.
If you decide otherwise I wish you good luck. (That's a sincere good luck by the way) :) (y)
All the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.