Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L144 (blue-eye) and Calico Bristlenose Plecos
Pictures of the L144 “dad” and actual BN fry for sale are in the second post below.
Long-fin and short-fin Bristlenose/Bushynose Pleco (Ancistrus sp.) for sale. Prices vary by variety (L144 or Calico) and body size. Bristlenose plecos are considered the most “planted-tank friendly” plecostomus, maxing out at about 4” in body size and they live up to 14 years!

L144’s - available in limited numbers (both long-fin and short fin). The L144’s are technically amelanistic, not “albino”, since they have blue eyes. These are also known as the black-eye Bristlenose/Bushynose since you can really see their pupils! A beautiful fish, these fish come from great stock and the long-fins have tails that are over ½ the total body length. The L144’s currently are selling on-line for over $20 per fish!

L144 BN Pricing (I’m letting the long-fins go cheap!):
* 3” males (getting some bristles, but still young) are $12/ea (VERY limited number of these)
* 2”-3" fish (sex not known) are $7.50ea (5 fish for $30, basically you get one free!)

* 1”-2” fish are $5 each (5 fish for $20)

Calico’s – available in long-fin or short-fin. These fry do NOT have the blue eyes of the L144, but they do have the attractive “white-tip” fin coloring, a very nice fish. The long fins have exceptionally long fins, making up ½ or more of the total body length.

Calico BN Pricing (short or long fin):
* 3” males (getting some bristles, but still young) are $10/ea (VERY limited number of these)
* 2”-3" fish (sex not known) are $5 each (5 fish for $20, basically you get one free!)
* 1”-2” fish are $3 each (5 fish for $12)

Parents for all fish offered for sale are long-fin. I’m happy to mix varieties in one order, just let me know what you want. Priced as above, plus shipping. PayPal only please. Please send me a PM with specific purchase requests and I'll get you specific pricing, please post any other questions here.

Shipping and packing: I only ship on Mondays! Shipping is $15 for up to 10 fish. Orders of 1-4 fish may ship in smaller boxes and if I can ship for less, I’ll refund a portion of the shipping cost. Shipping for larger orders will vary by zip code. I’ll send you a tracking number when the box ships. NOTE: I ship only on Mondays. Orders for five or more fish ship one or two fish per Kordon breather bag (depending on fish size). Each bag is individually wrapped in cushion/absorbent material, then placed in a compartmentalized medium USPS box that’s insulated. I’ll include instructions for acclimating fish to your tank. Shipment is via USPS Priority mail with the tracking number PM’d to you. Overnight shipping is available for $35. Unless you ship overnight, live arrival can’t be guaranteed, but I’ll do my best to work with you (and that’s why I may include extra fish!).

BONUS - Unless you indicate that you don’t want any extras, your order may include a few additional fish. The larger your order, the more potential for extras!

You should make certain someone will be home when the fish arrive to prevent the fish being left out in the sun or in the hot mailbox!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pleco Pics

Here are pictures of dad and the actual Bn fry (L144 and Calico) for sale:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOTE: "Dad", pictured above, is NOT for sale, sorry for any confusion!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you find me a long finned Calico female?
I'll look through the tank (got a lot of Java moss to look under!) and PM you in the next day or two. I can't guarantee that what I send will be a female, since they are not quite sexually mature, but I can eliminate any fry that have indications of bristles. The oldest individuals are obviously the ones I have more confidence in sexing. Did you only want one? Shipping for one may be cheaper, but not by terribly much (I have to check weights with the USPS and find some smaller boxes).

Statistically, the more you buy, the better chance of getting females! :lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, I'd rather just have one female to pair up with a male I have that is maybe three years old. See what you can do, I'll think about what I can or should do.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm curious about your veggie feeding system in the picture - I see a metal ring (assuming for weight) - how do you rig that?
I got that "plecoware" stainless feeding curlyque thingy gratis with the purchase of some plecos a couple of years ago. Made by a fellow hobbiest on another forum. When I can't find it, I just use a salad fork!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, starting to run low on long fin L144's and some sizes of the "Chocolate" plecos.
Any additional requests, please post here or PM me and I'll do a first-come, first serve list. Even if you have bought items from me before, please don't try to send me any $$ via Paypal until you hear from me! I want to make sure I can fill all confirmed orders.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Updated Stock

L144 (blue-eye) and Chocolate Bristlenose Plecos

UPDATED INFO

L144 BN Pricing:

Still have short fins.
* 3” males (SOLD OUT)
* 2”-3" (5 fish for $30 SOLD OUT OF LONG FINS)
* 1”-2” fish are $5 each (5 fish for $20) SOLD OUT OF LONG FINS

Chocolate BN Long and Short Fin - Still have a few
Chocolate BN Pricing (short or long fin):
* 3” males SOLD OUT
* 2”-3" fish (sex not known) are $5 each (5 fish for $20, basically you get one free!)
* 1”-2” fish are $3 each (5 fish for $12)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those who pm'd me, I haven't forgotten, and I'll get back to you as soon as I get a firm count of what I have left to sell.
Got the first batch of the summer delivered safely, 100% arrived alive to date.

Doing an inventory Saturday, have lots of short-fins and some long fin chocolates left (the short-fins have a longfin L144 "dad" so they may throw L144-coloration offspring). Likely have some L144's left also, but have more pre-sold to my SC Aquaria Association club colleagues and need to get a really firm count on what's not sold.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you have anytihng left, LMK :-D

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still have some left, need to do a sort of sold stuff today, will post an update soon!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Updated inventory 7/2/2013

L144 (short-fin, blue-eye) and Chocolate Bristlenose Plecos (long & short fin)

UPDATED INFO -buy now, due to demand, pricing on my next batch of fry will be higher!

Short-fin L144 BN Pricing:

Short fins only, but both parents were long fins so may throw LF fry
* 2.5"-3” sub-adult males, showing bristles ($10) just a couple left
*1”-3" (5 fish for $30) Bargain pricing compared to other sites offering L144 coloration!

Chocolate BN Pricing (short or long fin):
* 2.5-3” sub-adult males, showing bristles (7.50) just a couple left
*1”-3" fish are $5 each (5 fish for $20, basically you get one free!)

Shipping still $15 anywhere in the continental US for up to 8 fish, over 8 fish, depends on the number shipped. Based on the cost of Kordon bags and other materials I'm not making a profit on the shipping!
Sorry, I won't ship to Canada due very long to delays in packages clearing customs.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Inventory Update

ok, quick update and my apologies to all for taking so long to respond to all the PMs! Been nuts at work.

For now, I'm sold out of all L144's. If I've been PM'ing you, then I may have some for you but for any new requests, I'm out for at least 6+ weeks until more grow out to shipping size.

I still have LF and SF Chocolate BNs, including a few that I can reliably sex as males (getting whiskers). The fins on the LF are really long and flowing, great looking fish.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update - just a couple of SF Chocolate left, still have more chocolate long-fins, "dad's" been busy...

NO L144's, for a while, sorry!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts