Tropical Fish Keeping banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lol, dang thats a long wait! I would never make it. I already have ants in my pants for a bigger fish room :D

One good spray of my water bottle and that cat will learn its lesson ;) its for her own safety. Hope your not over there holding your cat up to the screen teasing her about it :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Heres the faces of all my tanks. Its been awhile.

Main 40B (Showtank)

Shot at 2012-04-23
Divided 40B Pumpkins, Aura Blues, Super Tigers

Shot at 2012-04-23
Dwarf Neon Breeding Tank 40B and Cherries

Shot at 2012-04-23
10g (Still searching for Good Looking Peacock Gobies)

Shot at 2012-04-23
29G Cherry and Fry Grow Out

Shot at 2012-04-23
14G Selected Yellow Shrimp

Shot at 2012-04-23
40B Blue Pearl, CBS, and CRS

Shot at 2012-04-23
Fry Tank/Yellows

Shot at 2012-04-23
New 75 Rainbow/Pumpkin Growout Tank

Shot at 2012-04-23
29g (first tank) Glass Cats/Bleeding Hearts/Melting Pot of Shrimp

Shot at 2012-04-23
My GFs New 20L

Shot at 2012-04-23
My Gfs First Tank (was looking alot better but was trying the fluval small co2 bottles, lets just say I bought her a real regulator last week)

Shot at 2012-04-23

A few extra misc. shots

Pumpkin

Shot at 2012-04-23
Hudori

Shot at 2012-04-23
Random (was trying to catch a pic of all the lil babies in the breeding tank but didnt work)

Shot at 2012-04-23
The Jalapeno plant has done well over the winter with just a aquarium light

Shot at 2012-04-23

·
Registered
21 Posts
First of all, amazing set up. I am very envious. I just have two questions for you regarding stocking. What is the taller plant growing in the rear left part of the top tank and what is it that the cory is laying on? It does not look like peacock moss so I had to ask. And last question, do you have CO2 running in every tank?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
First of all, amazing set up. I am very envious. I just have two questions for you regarding stocking. What is the taller plant growing in the rear left part of the top tank and what is it that the cory is laying on? It does not look like peacock moss so I had to ask. And last question, do you have CO2 running in every tank?

The taller spikier plant in the left is Pogostemon erectus and the plant the albino longfin cory is sitting on is Fissiden Fonatunus.

Both of you have beautiful tanks!
Thanks Jayy! Ill have to tell her you said so, thatll make her day :)

Thought I was editing not double posting lol

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Amazingly beautiful tanks. Love the fish room as well. I don't want to get into the whole CO2 thing but man, it is tempting after seeing your plants doing so very well.

Wanna come work on my tank? ha h

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome thank you. Would you have a lighting recommendation for a 20 gallon planted? Currently, I have a single full spectrum fluorescent tube that is seemingly not sufficient.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Big Al's Pets has Zoo Med Aquasun T5-HO Fluorescent Hood - 2 x 24 W - 24"for only 54.99 which is a great deal. I use zoo meds on most my tanks and comes with the option to run one or two bulbs. This would give you enough light to grow anything. I would recommend a 6500k or 6800k and a 5000k bulb. Substrate is really important as well, I prefer eco complete because it last forever and gets better in time if you are using tap water since it already has minerals in it and eco complete has a high CEC which means it holds nutrients. ADA soil you can get fast growth but in time it becomes dirt and loses it punch. I dont even have to dose ferts in my tank. If I had RO water I would need to dose ferts.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
It's been almost a YEAR since we've seen that pretty fishroom of yours!
I need updates!!! I'm going through Knuggs withdraws!

This thread is more than 692 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, if you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, please check the box below the Quick Reply box before submitting your post.
*BUMPS THREAD*

^__^

·
Registered
64 Posts
Whoah! Thats a long time!

This is an amazing fishroom! I love all your shrimp. My java moss grows real slow, how do you have so much?!
;P

21 - 40 of 45 Posts