Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I own a Marbled Crayfish in a 10 gallon, she is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches long. I was wondering if she would be safe with Golden Wonder Killifish?
I really like her and want her to be safe. She is very nice and has even been housed with platy fry before and never went after them, I am more concerned for her safety with the Killifish. I know the Killis would probably kill any babies she might have but will they go after her?
They ought to do just fine together. However, both of them are too big for a 10 gallon.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Yes 3 is too many long term - just get one.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Yeah, they won't have anything to do with one another. The crayfish will be in hiding until the shell hardens. The only chance of a problem is if you have floating plants for the crayfish to hide in - then it could ambush the killi.

I had kept cherry barbs with my crayfish and killi. I know the barbs are plenty small for the killis to eat, but they never did - never even looked their way.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I had great success with gold barbs too, but they need a larger tank than you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.