Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of shots of my tank taken tonight. I have removed the blue background, thinned out the plants (a lot)! and come Thursday my tank inhabitants will be the bottom dwellers (khulies and corys) and 2 juvenille gold severums.

Pics of the sevs to follow :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Man, thats a nice tank! :D 8)

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I'm not confident that the plants will last for long once the sevs have been introduced, but I'll keep them there in the hope... :lol:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
What a stunning tank but a sev in your tank?:sob: Pity the plants will not last.:blueworry:
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Blue: if the sevs destroy the plants I'll just have to go for silk ones instead - I think there are some fairly realisitic ones available now.

I'll be quite disappointed to do that though, because I love live plants. I like the way that they are constantly changing - the tank never looks exactly the same. Still, I'm willing to sacrafice them for the gold sevs which I've wanted for a very long time :)

L

·
0 Posts
Tank looks great kate. They do have some very nice fake plants out there, im sure you will find something you like.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you :) The lighting is two standard 100cm 20 watt flourescent strips which come built into the hood.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The sevs arrived on Thursday and have settled in very quickly.

These aren't the clearest pictures, but were the best I could get for now. :)

I can say goodbye to my planted tank - they've already ripped one to shreds :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
So sorry your fish tore up your beautiful plants. Your tank looked absolutely gorgeous. But if you want to keep big fish like that (and they are beautiful) you might have to be content with the fake stuff. I swore I would never do it, but I have added some plastic plants to one of my 55g; just got tired of waiting for plants to grow and wanted my tank to look good now.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Silk plants are in the post already... I knew what to expect :lol:

Worth it though to have the severums.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Ron :D I was surprised at how quickly they settled in after the long journey.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Saz, I was very relieved when they arrived in healthy condition. I ordered them from TRIMAR, and they came in a huge sealed polystyrene box, in very large double bags of water, wrapped in loads of newspaper and with heatpads to keep the water at the correct temperature.

The two fish were in seperate bags.

I was very impressed with the packing - and if I was ever wanting a fish which wasn't available in my area again I wouldn't hesitate to use Trimar.

The sevs have totally destroyed all of the plants except for two, so I'm going to be spending this afternoon sorting that out :lol:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts