Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Did you get a species name? Did you make sure when you ordered it it was a guttatus and not a punctatus? Do you have a picture by chance. It is not unheard of for a distributor have a employee put the wrong juvenile in a shipment but when species names are involved it is usually less likely.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
My computer shows a blank area in your last post, I used to have issues with posting pics.If you have trouble adding photos you can try utilizing photobucket wich is a free site. I use it all the time just copy the image code to the post and its all good.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Not to instigate things but I have never seen a gold spot look like that. I must also add that most of the specimens I have seen were 4 inches or more. I suppose the best thing to do is to voice your concerns with the distributor and keep in contact. Like I said before mistakes can happen.If they are a reputable business they will remedy any mistake they may have made,or feel some form of consequence.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I was chatting with a fellow reefer and here is one of our messagesin regards to your post.

Friend:Looks like a Two Barred Rabbitfish. No? Hard to tell as the picture is blurred out. Need a shot with some coloring.

Me:It doesn't look like the gold spot rabbit fish he was sold. It could be a virgatus but its hard to see the half white that should be there if it was. I am in agreement on a better picture if possible though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.