Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for having me. Great site so far with some fantastic info available on here. Very happy to have found you.

M name is Jason, from bonnie Scotland, and I've been keeping fish for around 30 years. I have also previously worked in the industry for a number of years and have some trade related certification. Basically, like to think I know what I'm on about.....sometimes 馃榿. At the same time I know in reality that I know very little and I'm always keen to learn off other like minded souls.

Currently I have around 12 tanks of various sizes and they house many tropical species. Mostly standard enough stuff at the moment, although I do have a "thing" for dwarf cichlids and have a fair few from around the world. Like various apistos, rams, kribs and shellies etc. All the cichlid attitude, intelligence and parental behaviour in tiny packages that don't require 400 gallon tanks. I love 'em.

I'm a big fan of the planted balanced tank approach, when possible and like to keep things as natural and biotope specific as I can for my pets. Always a wee breeding project of 2 on the go at any time too.

I've never been into marine fish at all and I don't keep any cold water tanks at the moment.....but thats about to change soon.

Anyway, thats me. So a big hello to you all and I look forward to engaging with all you lively peeps going forward.

Be lucky

Jason

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for having me. Great site so far with some fantastic info available on here. Very happy to have found you.

M name is Jason, from bonnie Scotland, and I've been keeping fish for around 30 years. I have also previously worked in the industry for a number of years and have some trade related certification. Basically, like to think I know what I'm on about.....sometimes 馃榿. At the same time I know in reality that I know very little and I'm always keen to learn off other like minded souls.

Currently I have around 12 tanks of various sizes and they house many tropical species. Mostly standard enough stuff at the moment, although I do have a "thing" for dwarf cichlids and have a fair few from around the world. Like various apistos, rams, kribs and shellies etc. All the cichlid attitude, intelligence and parental behaviour in tiny packages that don't require 400 gallon tanks. I love 'em.

I'm a big fan of the planted balanced tank approach, when possible and like to keep things as natural and biotope specific as I can for my pets. Always a wee breeding project of 2 on the go at any time too.

I've never been into marine fish at all and I don't keep any cold water tanks at the moment.....but thats about to change soon.

Anyway, thats me. So a big hello to you all and I look forward to engaging with all you lively peeps going forward.

Be lucky

Jason
12 tanks?! awesome. I have 3. I haven't tried cichlids yet but I want to get one of the gold ram cichlids

1 - 4 of 4 Posts