Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've hung around here long enough that I feel it is my turn to post some picsssss

my goldfish that was used to speed up the cycle. He isn't afraid of my hand at all and allowed me to pet him

the same goldfish coming in to kiss my fingers :D

Note: the fingers are NOT made of plastic! my flourescent lights are funky

my longfinned zebra danios

random shot of my inhabitants

my fav shot of my peppered cory

the cave a few weeks ago. My extremely shy pleco found that he could go in it without having the mug eat him (he was freaking out at first when I put it in) but the spot was too open. Since then, I have moved it to a corner and put some plants in front of it to partially cover the opening.

my peppered cories (dif ones in the pics) walking in the mid/top swimmers' shoes (or should I say "swimming" :roll: )

all the others are poor quality pics because I skimp out on the amount of shots (my camera goes through batteries sooo fast)

enjoy! :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks you two:D

yup that is a spoon with a cucumber slice skewered through it.
Every now and then, my pleco nibbles on it... it prevents him fron starving himself :D

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nice pics, Jinithith2.:welldone: Very clear.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
joeshmoe said:
is this a half cold and tropical or a coold?
it was a cold. I gave it to my friend after the cyclign finished...actually, I kept it for a while after the cycle finished, but it kept on hogging all the food so I had to let it go...now my flame tetras are hogging all the food!

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Lovely pics jinithith, especially the peppered cory.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xingumike said:
Cute litle common mate, nice photos as well, especially the cory one!
thanks! yes, I love my common :D he came up to my arm today and actually stuck to it! i say its making progress :D

thanks kath for the kind words!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ouch...10 gallon is a problem! A common pleco will easily outgrow that tank. I say if he gets any much bigger i would take him back to LFS....You have limited amount of space there. Cories like to be in a bigger shoal and your not able to really do that....Hope everything works out :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am considering getting either a 20 or 30 gal tank (I finally have the money to buy a bigger tank), but I'm going to have to move by the end of 2007 and the prep school dorms don't allow any pets... so I really can't get too much into the hobby.

My friend has a 100 gallon tank so we made an agreement that when any of my fish outgrow my tank then he will buy them from me :D

right now, its mostly fish that are under 2-1.5 inches so I don't see a problem too far ahead, although plecs can grow really fast :shock:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Awesome pics jinithith2. I love ya long fin zebra danio...I have some of them and they are a beautiful fish. I spoon my vegies too - lol. You have a great little setup. :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks much biarsha! :D
those danios are perky little critters, but when they spread their fins out, man I could marry one! :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice fish jin. the pepper danio pic is really good.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice fish and nice tank, but i agree you need to be getting a 30+ gallon soon. It would be a shame to lose such lovely fish. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.