Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tank- 60 gal. params, ammo, 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5ppm, temp 79, filter, canister 306, AC 110, removed carbon, treated with melafix? and quarantine 1 dwarf rainbow fish,
lost 3 rainbow, 2 gourami,
water change, 50 % before treatment, and 60% today.
is the disease nacrose viral? sorry can't spell it right now, this effects VERY fast.
I made dumb mistake of introducing 2 spotted gold gourami, from LFS, both died within 3 days, (store said probably from their transport from NEvada),
anyway here is a picture of 1 rainbow who died this morning..dont know what else I can try, my remaining rainbow is stressed, other fish head/tail lite tetras (3) okay, 1 honey gourami, okay so far..
What should I do if all pass, do I need to tear down tank??
I also have two BNP's, nothing has fazed them so far..
Thanks for any help pl...this has never happened to me before..this tank I have had for 2 + yrs,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
sorry to hear about the loss, i know those guys can be expensive. in the pic i cant see anysighns of soemthing going on. im clueless with whats happening since ur levels are all ok and melafix couldnt be the problem its a natrual anti bacterial med "made with tea tree". i would just keep up with a once every three day w/c maybe 30% or so and feed lighlty. if its been within a week you may be able to get refund from the store since your water params are fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply..yeah the rainbow I have had for about 8 months...can't find anymore around here, or on-line....another gal said maybe it columaris?
I only have 3 tetras, 1 gourami now plus 2BNP's.. after 60% water change today, thse guys seem okay..I'm not treating because thse fish don't show any signs of distress..

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Thanks for reply..yeah the rainbow I have had for about 8 months...can't find anymore around here, or on-line....another gal said maybe it columaris?
I only have 3 tetras, 1 gourami now plus 2BNP's.. after 60% water change today, thse guys seem okay..I'm not treating because thse fish don't show any signs of distress..
great rule of thumb your following there, dont treat without cause. the w/c will work wonders for the fish. number 1 prescribed medicine is a water change and to keep up with them. the fishs immune system usually does the rest as long as the stresser that caused the disease is taken care of

1 - 4 of 4 Posts