Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin at these fish for now.

8 x cardinal tetras
8 x sarpae tetras
6 x zebra danios
2 x angelfish

i was thinking of getting some mollys to throw some orange an yellow in the tank but im not sure on that yet.

this works right?

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Maybe. numbers wise I think it looks good. Not sure if the angelfish will put up with the hyper danio antics but maybe as long as the tank really is a "plant fest":lol:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Maybe. numbers wise I think it looks good. Not sure if the angelfish will put up with the hyper danio antics but maybe as long as the tank really is a "plant fest":lol:
the ones i have in my other 55 seems to do ok with my beunos aires tetras but i guess it depends on the angelfish. i just really like angels and ive never had danios. i like their color.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going to get my sarpae tetras tonight! on sale one dollar! yay... so anyways how many can i add at once? not all 8 right?

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Well 1) do you already have your plant fest partying up in the 55?
2) any other fish or will these be the first to add?
3) did you fishless cycle the tank or plan to add seeded media?

Call me crazy but if you answer those questions with the yes, yes(as in no other fish yet), and yes.... Then I would just go ahead and add all eight. I've added 6 fish at one to a pretty new tank and it didn't crash my cycle(instant cycled with seeded media). No spikes in anything. But you could play it safe and do 4 at a time. Or like super cautious level safe and do 2 at a time.. But as I think you know by now I'm not exactly cautious lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yeah. i have alot of plants in there now.i also used seed media as well. tank has been fishless for about 2 weeks now. so you think it would be alright to add all 8 then? i need to do a water change should i do that first before adding the fish? or wait?

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Go ahead and do a water change .. then test every day or two after adding them to make sure you didn't throw anything out of wack. If everything is good after a week still then you're in the clear. I think you should be fine. It's not like you're dumping the whole stocking list in tonight.... just a small fraction.
(Do you have pie in case I'm wrong?;-) )

Ohhh..pretty.. Whats the red plant on the far left?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha awesome! oh yeah i have half a french silk pie chillin! nothing like watching fish with a slice of pie and some milk! its some kind of ludwigia. im not sure. and i have no clue what those curly plants are but they are pretty. thanks for the help agent im super excited to finally have some lil buddies in there.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i kinda added more then 8 :/ haha i felt bad for the lil guys an didnt want to separate them so i bought the whole tank of 13 lol i acclimated them and everything has been fine since saterday! they are so cute! playing in the filter outlet jet and playing fallow the leader hehe

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
so i kinda added more then 8 :/ haha i felt bad for the lil guys an didnt want to separate them so i bought the whole tank of 13 lol i acclimated them and everything has been fine since saterday! they are so cute! playing in the filter outlet jet and playing fallow the leader hehe
Hahahaha!! I kinda did that with my last batch of cordoras. I meant to get 2-3 more but just got all that was in their tank ..umm.. so like 7 hehe. I rationalized that corys are social so my 5 now being 12 is even better for them.

Aww ... I love it when fish enjoy to flow. Always so funny to watch. Glad it's working out for you!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha thats alot of little catties! i bet they are fun to watch. im looking at getting some rams in a few weeks. i was thinking 4 Bolivian rams but everything ive came across online is so contradicting.

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
haha thats alot of little catties! i bet they are fun to watch. im looking at getting some rams in a few weeks. i was thinking 4 Bolivian rams but everything ive came across online is so contradicting.
Yea.. online is full of contradictions.. Heck so am I IRL :lol: But not about fish. I don't know much about rams but want to know more. I want a pair of German Blue Rams I think. But I am certain that means I need yet another tank. All of my spares are 20's and 10's Which I feel is too small for two rams.
Yes.. 12 corys and a "bettadora" all together!Very funny to watch them sleeping dogpile style and sifting through sand all together..even my "bettadora" try's to sand sift but usually that freaks him out and sends him to his log till he recovers haha

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha bettadora! yeah rams are so cute. with their lil mohawks. i was thinking the same one male 3 females but if i can only have two i suppose that would have to do.. :/

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can chime in on the rams. I've kept these a couple time before and loved them! While most agree that a 20 is the minimum for a pair, if it is planted and you know how to test your water I think you'll do just fine. Making it a 20 long instead of a standard 20 helps a lot too, since the rams are more or less bottom dwellers the 20 long provides a bit more "territory". A ram pair with some tetras makes a beautiful tank :-D Just keep in mind that rams like warmer water, not a problem, just something to remember when selecting their tank mates.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
room wont be a problem i have a 55 :) thanks for the input! i really really like these little dudes and their mohawks haha.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so i think i may have messed up a lil :oops: so i want some corys and and something else but i might be on the edge of too many fishs? i need some advice! please an thank you. so my concern is i have too many fish to add some bottom dwellers and a center piece fish (thank petsmart for their 89 cent fish sale) this is what i have now.

13 serpae tetra's
3 sunburst red wag platy's
5 long fin danio's

so i was thinking of getting 2 rams as was stated before or maybe another school of something colorful and def a school of peppered corys 5-6

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
I don't know. I *think* you'll be OK. Rams and cory's included. Just make sure your filtration is pretty good. How are your numbers holding up ...water perams? Cycled? Nitrates climbing faster then you would like? I am going on a ledge and say go for it..but then STOP lol
(then get your next tank :lol:)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha everything is still fine. i tested my water yesterday before i did a water change an it was all zeros so. i just dont want to overstock it but i have to have the corys they are so awesome lol and rams! yeah then its new tank time lol maybe a 90 :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts