Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Ah, the one with the pretty girls. Yes, she looks like she is, or she may be getting over some over-eating. Petshops often do, some even dump in vacation feeders every couple days because they're lazy...it can take a couple days for them to shrink back to normal.

Problem I've found with platies is: They can be picky about this. They are tough, but at the same time delicate. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me...but if you purchased her pregnant, she may reabsorb the kids and you may never know. ^^;

Well, you'll either know or not within a few weeks if everything is right. I've found they often wont deliver in an unstable environment if they have a choice about it(and often do since they can pause pregnancy and hold sperm and the like for months and months).

Keep her well fed, not over-fed, and keep the water clean(instead of doing a lot of changes or stressing her out, do your normal 25-30% once per week, and at other times use a turkey baster to suck up uneaten food and poo you see daily, they'll get used to you doing that eventually). Healthy moms typically have healthy babies. :3

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have nothing to contribute knowledge wise here but I just wanted to say that is the cutest platy I have ever seen.

Reactions: Sylverclaws

·
Registered
242 Posts
She looks pregnant. As alluded to above, buy plants for hiding places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.