Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
These are unfertilized and uncared for eggs. Do you have anything in the tank that lays eggs? Like a nerite snail? Is that a rock? The apparent eggs got some fungus on.
Yes, she is pregnant. With live bearers, when you have a male they always will be pregnant. Female livebearers will keep the sperm inside them for months or for years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see only the snail and nothing else that lays eggs. What do you think?
I see only the snail and nothing else that lays eggs. What do you think?
I have no idea- they may be detached or dead snail eggs. I have a mystery snail who laid eggs a few weeks ago so I know they lay eggs in clusters above the water line. If those are snail eggs they must have fallen into the water and died then somehow attached to a rock of some sort??

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have no idea- they may be detached or dead snail eggs. I have a mystery snail who laid eggs a few weeks ago so I know they lay eggs in clusters above the water line. If those are snail eggs they must have fallen into the water and died then somehow attached to a rock of some sort??
In OP’s situation these may be just tester eggs. I know only of GALS laying tester eggs but mystery snails?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts