Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got her today from a fish store--NOT a chain store. Can you tell if she's pregnant? 015.jpg

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep taking pictures, and the little black spot right in front of the anal fin won't show up! I'll keep trying. Thanks.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think this male guppy is cute?

013.jpg I think he's cute. Jet black, blue fins (not readily seen in this pic) and the splash of yellow on his tail. He's smaller than the others, so I assume he's younger.

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's really hard to tell. I had one female (who I knew was pregnant) and if I didn't know she was pregnant I wouldn't have been able to tell. She didn't get any bigger, hardly had a gravid spot, and one day just gave birth to about 10 babies. If you got her from a pet store (even if she wasn't in a tank with male guppies) I would say its probably safe to assume she is pregnant.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are all such a joy. I also have a red blond, and another that I'm not sure of. Its mostly a greenish sheen with a yellow tail and some orange. The blue one and the black one are the most friendly. No fear at all! I never knew I'd enjoy guppies so much!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts