Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I rescued some guppy fry several months ago. They were newborns in a tank of adults at a pet shop and I had room in my nursery at the time, so I had them grab all the little ones for me. He's the only survivor of the rescues, I THINK....I don't honestly know, I do know many did die, and I had a guppy give birth two days later, so it's hard to tell. lol All the adults in the tank I rescued them from were female neon yellows. Anywho, he's the only one in my tank like this, the rest look pure guppy. So is he a full Endler's, or possibly a mix of that and guppy?

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's a hybred Endler / Guppy. If the video gives an accurate view, the body is thicker than a N Class Endlers. Thediameter of the chest and torso should be much smaller that even a juv guppy male. It looks the diameter of a small female. Don't let this guy breed with your guppys.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the info! I've only seen endlers on a few occasions, never had them before. I grew up with guppies and always wanted some endlers or endlers guppies. They're kinda hard to find here unless they're REALLY tiny, in which case I'd need a free nursery to raise them, they often come in practically as fry and are usually sold out within a day or two at all the shops here.

Now why can't I breed him with my normal guppies? I had actually planned to do so. He's really pretty, has a nice temperament for a guppy, though he doesn't like his own reflection he's fine with other male and female fish. .-. He's already bred with a few of the girls before I moved him to the juvi guppy tank. He's completely unrelated to any of my guppies and I do like his looks. Would it cause issues? It's too late now, but I'd like some warning...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.