Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Recently bought a few Plattys And This One Female seams Kinda Big But Im new To Plattys So I don't know If This Is A Pregnant Platty or not. Here's A Pic but its not all that clear because shes in a breeding net.

http://www.geocities.com/riverviewhiteboy_93/fishtankpage1.html?1169328818639

Theres also a top view pic.
Is That size Normal?
If she is prego when will she pop?
I read about a gravid spoton the side, can sum one show me a picture of that Pleaze?
And Is She Going To Pop At Night ,Morning Or What?
:D Thanks! :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She hasnt eaten since thursday and she is hangin out at the bottom of breeder net acting weird.
Do you think she is going to die or is it O.K. That she hasent eaten?
Or is that a sign of labor or soon coming labor?
I have Lots of ?'s
***I NEED HELP***

P.S. Thank u to everyone who replys to me!

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
not eating and hiding means she is about to give birth, do yes i guess she is pregnant. I must say your tank is terribly over-crowded by the way and platies should be kept on a male female ratio of 1 male and 3 females

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not over crowded it's just since i have the newt in there i have to keep the water level low. And also the breeder net on the left has been there since last night and will be there till she gives birth!

Will I be Able to put the fry in a still water tank
(u know a tank without a filter and water flow)
at least until there bigger then everyones elses mouth?
or i can put one of my extra air pumps in there?

Oh and I know When a tank is over crowded im new to plattys not salt fresh or brahish water.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also i didnt pick out male and female they were a gift so its not my fault.
and thats another reason that I wanted to breed so then i could pick which ones that i wanted to keep and which ones thati sold to a LFS.
(local fish store)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Gold Fish are an inch and 1/2 long each and they are going into a pond when there BIGGER!

3 - 10 gallons(all 3 fresh)
1 - 15 gallon nano(salt)
2 - 180's (1 salt-1 fresh)
2 - 250's (both salt)
1 - 280 (salt)

EDDITED FOR CONTENT: fish_4_all

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How old are You Cause I read A Post of yours about Breeding Zebra Danios and u Mentioned your Mom Not likeing You Puting So Much Time Into The Tank! So I was Just Wondering. And also Im not the best with all the terms so do u know what Platty Gestation Periods are?

P.S. Thanks For Helping Me Out So Far

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same Here (14)
My mom says that i spend to much time With all My Fish
also So i was just wondering. 8)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
same here so far that little 10 gallon has $150 into it and it dosnt even look the best.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:shock: :shock: !!!IM A DAD!!! :shock: :shock:
i went to check on the mom and i seen 2 dead babys on the floor looked up and 2 more poped out right in front of me.not even 50 seconds ago :eek:mg: my little baby just had a baby.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
congrats, when she's done giving birth take her out of the net and let the babies stay. THe dead ones you can try to pick out and feed them to your fish or throw them away. You better get there food ready cause there yolk is leaving in around 3-4 days. Make sure there dead because new born babies dont swim, they have there yellow yolk around them which feeds them for the first 3-4 days. Once thats gone there called free swimming, then you pick out the dead ones and feed them.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
funny thing is i put her in the net earlier today.i must have good timing.LOL :lol:
How long will it take for her to be done?
I see about 5 and i think 1 might be dead but im not going to mess with it.

i made a video that im gonna try and post give me a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts