Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I currently have a 10 gallon tank with 1 male veiltail betta, 2 african dwarf frogs, 2 black mystery snails and 1 harlequin rasbora. Yes, I know the harequin is a schooling fish. AqAdvisor says my tank right now is 43% stalked. Im looking to get more harlequins. I want to know your opinions. Is my tank over stalked?? For the most part my betta is chill, but the odd time he will chase the harlequin. He hasn't tried to fight or hurt it though. Just a gentle chase. Please give me your opinions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
A gentle chase is actually sometimes good for your fish as long as there is no nipping, because that is how they excersize. Your tank is about 60- 70 percent full actually. Perhaps your fish tank advisor app is slightly wrong. I recommend adding 5 more Rasboras and 8-10 ghost shrimp/ cherry shrimp. (Either will do)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would give away the frogs or get a spare 10 gallon tank for them as they do great in groups of 4 and with no other fish in the tank. Harlequin rasboras in my opinion should be housed in a 20 gallon long as they are fairly active fish and leave the bettta alone in his tank.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Look, I didn't mean to be rude or anything, but spray paint contains toxins that even when properly dried COULD kill a fish.

Please Read this that immediately popped up on the internet.

The very chemicals that bring fresh smells are frequently toxic to fish at even low doses. ... Spray the polish on to your cloth elsewhere in the house, and then use it to wipe in the tank's vicinity, but be vigilant for signs of stress and poisoning in fish when doing so. Paint and varnish can be as bad as each other.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Look, I didn't mean to be rude or anything, but spray paint contains toxins that even when properly dried COULD kill a fish.

Please Read this that immediately popped up on the internet.

The very chemicals that bring fresh smells are frequently toxic to fish at even low doses. ... Spray the polish on to your cloth elsewhere in the house, and then use it to wipe in the tank's vicinity, but be vigilant for signs of stress and poisoning in fish when doing so. Paint and varnish can be as bad as each other.
I would not trust random site with random info. First, we use paint that we brush with and we don’t use spray pain and no body has talked about spray paint here. Even when properly dried paint will not kill a fish. My friend does paint tanks black and dries the paint for two weeks in a fairly ventilated fish room with other tanks, none of her fish ever died because of painting. She actually puts her fish in a painted tank.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There ARE several brands of specialized spray paint your friend might be using one. I personally wouldn't trust it myself though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would give away the frogs or get a spare 10 gallon tank for them as they do great in groups of 4 and with no other fish in the tank. Harlequin rasboras in my opinion should be housed in a 20 gallon long as they are fairly active fish and leave the bettta alone in his tank.
Hi Friend...!!!

I love Fishes & Pets . That is Good Advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts