Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Daydream, my Twin Bar. Its very hard to get a decent pic of her for some reason. Can you tell if she's pregnant from this pic?

Daydream 001.jpg

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my... had no goodness she was even pregnant, let alone ready to pop! Will have to get more cover for fry. Thank you!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jenn, are her scales raised on her sides? Or is that just her coloring? I'm hoping its her coloring, as this can mean kidney failure. Has she been acting sick? She doesn't look like she's real far along IF she's pregnant.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHEW! Good to hear that!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good! Only an owner knows the changes a fish is showing from day to day. If she was in with a male though, chances are she's pregnant.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Possible she's pregnant--looks pretty round. Just provide plenty of cover, like floating plants, and bushy plants, or plastic baby hides that look like plants, and they sell at Petco or Petsmart. Or order some online, like I did. I have some plastic floating plants too. Just keep her where she normally is (separating her might stress her out too much) and hope for the best. Sometimes all the babies are eaten no matter what you do. That's what happened to me. They are very small when born, so if you see any, you could buy a plastic "breeder" where the babies could stay until they are about a month old, and big enough so they won't get eaten by mama or other fish. They aren't expensive at all. They come with instructions, and they can be attached to the inside of your tank. I would just net any babies I saw, and put them in the breeder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts