Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Please Could You help me figure out if my Female Guppy Is Ready To Give Birth.
Shes Absoloutly Massive and has been for a while now.
the thing is 1 of the smaller guppies gave birth only an hour ago and she wasnt half as big.

gups n percy 013.jpg

gups n percy 012.jpg

·
Registered
808 Posts
Web site for Guppies- Good information

Here is a good web-site that you should save. Read the funny story first. The information on pregnate guppies is very helpful on the left hand side of the screen. I posted this before to help on this forum before. Also search thoughout this forum on older threads that might be able to help you. Hope this helps you as it did for me.

http:www.aquariumhobbyist.com/guppies/

·
Registered
808 Posts
i think shes pretty close so keep ur eye open 8)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any Chance Someone Could Explain Why 1 Of The Females Who Looked Less Pregnant Gave Birth First?
She Was Only Half The Size To The 1 In The Photo and she gave birth earlier today :S

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
some females dont carry as many fry so they will develop slightly faster and some females just take longer to have there fry :):):)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some females dont carry as many fry so they will develop slightly faster and some females just take longer to have there fry :):):)
Well The Smaller Female Who Went Last Night Had 9-12 Fry So I Dread To Think How Many This 1 Will Be Having And The Other Female Who Is Just As Big As Her lol
Thanks Fryup :)
x

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
if you think you had it bad my female had 23 then the month after 25 and then the month after that she had 28....i was stuck with over 60 babys :):):)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you think you had it bad my female had 23 then the month after 25 and then the month after that she had 28....i was stuck with over 60 babys :):):)
Oh Dear God That Is A Lot lol.
I Might Have About The Same If Not More As 9 Of My Females Are All Looking Rather Full.
Good Thing Im Investing In A 2nd Tank lol
x

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
wow ur gona have fry coming out of your ears....all those fry of mine were just from 1 female :):):).....seriously good luck because you will need it :):):)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow ur gona have fry coming out of your ears....all those fry of mine were just from 1 female :):):).....seriously good luck because you will need it :):):)

lol well thanks. im a sucker for fish. i cant bear to cull any so i just leave them be.
i would rather be over run with tanks haha.
but since i cant stop them breeding i was thinking of selling some on.
any1 know of any good buyers?
i tried my local pet shop but as im not classified as a breeder or wholesale they refused to give over any payment but were happy for me to just give them away. But yet they expect me to pay £10 for 3 males (that probably want last long due to their tank conditions).
xx

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
wow thats a lot for 3 fish i can atleast get 5 males for that and 6 female for £10 but soory im further south than scotland so i dnt know anywhere were you can sell them :(

·
Registered
808 Posts
good luck with everything fizzyface :)....thats not an insult thats ur name lmaoo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good luck with everything fizzyface :)....thats not an insult thats ur name lmaoo
Lol Yeah Ya Gotta Love How School Nicknames Stick With Ya lol.
Crikey Im Gonna Need All The Luck I Can Get Haha,
Whoever Said Guppies Where A Great Option Obviously Never Owned Any haha
x

·
Registered
808 Posts
ahahahah :) thats true haha i hope ur female gives birth pretty soon

·
Registered
808 Posts
oh man :(( i would get alot of plants if i werre u if u want em that much

·