Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased a new piece of live rock with some mushroom corals on it. whie looking at it i noticed this millipead looking thing and i was wondering if someone coulg tell me to keep it or destroy it. it looks like a tentical of a brown brittle star

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard, Jason.:wave:

It sounds like a bristlestar indeed. I used to have them when I kept marine before. Not harmful when small and will eat detritus but large ones probably are.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
jason5170 said:
but it does not have a bunch of tenticles just looks like a worm with a bunch of little legs
That's odd. I couldn't be of more help to you.:blueworry: Some marine enthusiasts will answer your question though.:)

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
FOr some reaosn fire worms come to mind. I am almost certain it isn't right but It soulds like a sandworms or a pile worm type creature. I have heard some of them are harmless and some of them are very predatory.

Wish I could be more help but all I know is what I have seen and read about. Never gone salt water, yet.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
It sounds like a bristle worm to me and they are fine in your tank.
Bristle worms are fine in small numbers, but when they start multipling and getting bigger can be a headache.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts