Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 48 litre tank, I have 2 endler guppys (unknown gender) and introduced 4 standard guppy (3 female 1 male).

The endlers have lived with other fish but they passed on 馃槥 I introduced the standard guppys about 30 hours and the endlers keep chasing them, like constantly and it looks like they are trying to nip their side fins. Previously when introduced new fish they have loved them.

Is this just them trying to sort the heirachy?
Are they being aggressive?
How do I tell the gender of the endler? Would getting more females help the situation?

Would love any advise really. I can't get a very good photo to upload sorry

Registered
It seems like the endlers are trying to mate with the new females. If the chasing does not mellow after a day or two, then female endlers or a tank divider may bee needed. Do you have a plan for the babies your additions will produce?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I don't currently have a plan as I wasn't planning on breeding due to being new to tropical fish. I was thinking about getting one of those little mini tanks that go in the main tank to protect them a bit.

I am very open to any suggestions and advise though.

Registered
The female and the male differ externally from each other. It's like a peacock in nature is different from its female.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts