Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
We have 4 new guppies now in quarantine awaiting their QT until they can join their new roomies in the community tank -
First we have Spot - View attachment 845171
View attachment 845172
Next we have Tequila- View attachment 845173
View attachment 845174
Next is Leo- View attachment 845175
View attachment 845176
Lastly we have camera shy Creamsicle - View attachment 845177
and a bonus shot of Spot and Tequila - View attachment 845178
All very beautiful. My favorite is tequila of course, anything blue does it for me.
Leo is my only concern, he looks a little clamped.
Typical for guppies to be clamped when they are stressed for some reason.
Just keep an eye on him.
馃檹 馃

Registered
Did you mix the names up? Tequila is the one that looks clamped in the pics (he was fine at the LFS) , Leo is fine. And we are keeping an eye on Tequila (on all of them really) of the 4 in the QT tank he's the one that once released , seems the most stressed. Leo , Spot and Creamsicle are all behaving normally , just hoping that Tequila settles in.
Yes I got the names mixed up lol. D'oh!
馃檹 馃き

Registered
Did you mix the names up? Tequila is the one that looks clamped in the pics (he was fine at the LFS) , Leo is fine. And we are keeping an eye on Tequila (on all of them really) of the 4 in the QT tank he's the one that once released , seems the most stressed. Leo , Spot and Creamsicle are all behaving normally , just hoping that Tequila settles in.
I have a similar one like Tequila in my Colony at the moment. I think it was called "Tequila Sunrise" at the LFS.

Registered
Unfortunately , Tequila did not make it :cry: and now the qt is being treated with API general cure because Leo is clamped up and no other signs of illnesses , water parameters are all acceptable and Spot & Creamsicle seem perfect 馃 ....
I don't know what it is about the livebearers these days. They just arn't as hardy as they used to be. Maybe I just have a bad selection or the LFS doesn't have a good selection either. I don't know.
馃檹 馃挴 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
From what I've come to understand it's due to breeders allowing too much inbreeding. which has made the overall species weaker. I think I'm done buying guppies from LFS and might start to get trios directly from breeders and control my own breeding and strains.
Man we could get deep into this subject and I would like to learn more about what you know. I just thought that the farms they get their fish from already arrive carrying pathogens to places like petsmart or petco. Their fish are wrecked when they arrive, it's sad. 馃槩

Registered
From what I've come to understand it's due to breeders allowing too much inbreeding. which has made the overall species weaker. I think I'm done buying guppies from LFS and might start to get trios directly from breeders and control my own breeding and strains.
Not to mention the condition of their Bettafish selection. 馃槶

Registered
Unfortunately and with sadness I have to report that not one of these beautiful creatures made it to the community tank from the QT / Nurse tank , We lost Tequila 4 days after they arrived , treated with General Cure because we could not see any obvious signs of illness other than clamped fins , everyone seemed to be responding well fins started to unclamp, then Leo passed on the sixth day , Creamsicle and Spot showed signs yesterday that they were improving and I woke up this morning to find they both joined their brothers in the Rainbow Pond. Swim In Peace , Tequila , Leo , Creamsicle and Spot.
That's a bummer, I feel for you. It's tough finding solid livebearers these days. Thank goodness you quarantined.
馃槩

1 - 8 of 8 Posts