Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly constitutes an insult to you moderators? Because to me, an insult is something directed towards another person and is along the lines of asshole, or motherfucker, or son of a bitch...etc. Not laughing at a comment that somebody else made or an abrasive comment. There are members here that have made abrasive comments towards me but they arent insulting just abrasive.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Ah. This is in response to a very recent infraction?

For the moment, the infraction stands but the Administrator may review it later and reverse it at his discretion.

As for your question . . . I suppose we found your post to be an insult because laughing at anyone's desire to harm another person can be offensive to many people. I understand that you and registereduser have had some differences but I should hope that those differences don't involve an actual wish to see someone harmed.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah. This is in response to a very recent infraction?

For the moment, the infraction stands but the Administrator may review it later and reverse it at his discretion.

As for your question . . . I suppose we found your post to be an insult because laughing at anyone's desire to harm another person can be offensive to many people. I understand that you and registereduser have had some differences but I should hope that those differences don't involve an actual wish to see someone harmed.
Yes it is and I laughed not at her desire to do harm but at the post a it was. Registereduser started that cat thread in response to Viva's thread and with the intent to bash and be mean and have others join in, yet her thread was defended by other mods and comments that expressed this discontent were also deleted because they "didn't contribute" to the thread. This gives the impression of a favoritism and a double standard. Registereduser and I have had our differences yes and she is abrasive and blunt in her comments. She gives as good as she gets.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The mod team did review the threads in question and I believe at least one thread was closed when it became contentious. registereduser's thread was initially left open because, while it was heavily implied that it was in response to Viva's thread, Viva was never actually named as a specific target.

Also, registereduser's thread did not contain graphic or disturbing posts about violence directed at or wished at animals. I was not involved in removing any posts so I can't comment on that part.

This is a betta fish forum dedicated to the love of fish and, in a way, animals in general. Allowing a thread that contained threats or even implied threats to animals goes against what the forum is about.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
We did review RegisteredUser's thread and after discussion as a group we did close it also. These things do take time to discuss as we are all over the world in different time zones and we also have jobs that require our time.
The Administrator will review the entire issue and will reverse anything he feels is unfair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts