Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
OK.. Didn't know if he needed any antibacterial things

He's looking worse.. I don't think he'll make it. Poor little guy. The power head will be going for sure now. My cories, love getting in and around my filters!

I got the power head because they kept swimming down into the output tube of my sponge filter when it was connected to just an air pump. They'd be stuck in there like once every week or two!
Posted via Mobile Device
I would get an antibacterial med to help prevent infection. Could you put panty hose or something over the outlet of the power head?? Not to sure how power heads work

·
Registered
523 Posts
Aw I'm so sorry :-( I'm sure you tried to save him.

And yes, sponge over the filter is a good idea. Just be sure to clean it off occasionally, i dont know if you have plants or not, but it looks icky if all the plant bits and poop gets stuck to it. Not very aesthetically pleasing:-D

·
Registered
523 Posts
Don't fell bad, you did your best and thats all that matters. I'm sure your a better fish keeper then me!!

I'm sure with your care he wasn't to stressed :) Don't be too hard on yourself, okay??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.